Monday, July 20, 2009

me? journal?! no...

New Years resolutions. Remember those? All those high and worthy aspirations so nobly sought after...for the first month. no...week...or is it days...of January. Mine this year? To marry Prince Charming, read through the entire Bible, and yes, to start a journal. #1 - check! #2...hm...I'm through Joshua...#3....I wrote exactly 1 1/2 sentences on January 2 and stopped mid-thought.
Ah...but it's still not too late. My calendar tells me it is still 2009. Who says you can't start a journal on July 20 instead of January 1?

So here I am. Thanks to Patty and Emilee, I've decided to try it. :) I have no idea how often I'll be updating, or even what I'll be updating, but be patient with me, dear reader. My dream is to "Step Heavenward". I want this blog to be a place where I can write down God's faithfulnesses. My Prince Charming Bryan and I have been married for less than four months...but God has been busy! I'll always remember the big life-steps...but remembering the little things can be just as meaningful.

So! Where do I start? Yesterday was Sunday, and a very good one at that. Here's a highlight...
Bryan taught a combined Sunday School class before church teaching out of the book "Respectable Sins". The two we discussed yesterday? Ungodliness and unthankfulness.
Ungodliness...how often do I think of my Savior throughout the day? How many times do I consult Him before saying or doing or thinking something? Is He the center of what I do or just the lining?
Unthankfulness...are my prayers praises or to-do lists for God? How often do I thank God for the things in my house, for safe travel, for my health and loved ones?
There's a story in the Bible about ten lepers healed by Jesus. Nine ran off to celebrate. Only one came back to thank Jesus. So many times I've condemed those nine lepers. How could they run away from Jesus?! Poor selfish ungrateful men! But wait...isn't God's condemnation worse than leprosy? Sin and it's consequences last much longer than a physical disease would. When is the last time I thanked Jesus forhealing...unthankful me?

Enough preaching. That's my husband's job. I have dishes in the sink, organ music to practice, phone calls to return, groceries to buy, and PRIMEtime to work on. It's a beautiful day outside...and I'm thankful for it. :)
Singing His praises,
Lindsay

4 comments:

  1. Lindsey,
    It's great to see you on the web! Thanks for keeping a blog! I'm looking forward to reading it and seeing the occassionaly pictures! We miss you and can't wait to see you!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an AWESOME job Bryan did today~~ he is a natural!!! His " talented wife" makes you 2 a great team for God!! We are excited for you both.
    Gram

    ReplyDelete